BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Aug 10 2010

Happy Birthday to Becky! :]

I know, this is the post you have all been waiting for. The (dun-dun-dun) proposal post! I am now going to tell you how Troy proposed and all that beautiful information. (For my records as well. :] )
Last Wednesday we were going to head up to Logan because Troy had SOAR on Thursday so we were going to spend the night there. I wasn't supposed to work at all both days, so it was going to be smooth sailing. However, the baker at AF was in a car accident, so I had to cover the baker in FU shift while she covered in AF. It turned out to be a long day at both stores. I finished at about four, but needed to go to AF to help her finish a HUGE order. I informed Troy and Parker of this, and they were both really upset, and wanted me to hurry. I was trying, but I didn't really see the big deal in me being a couple of hours late (now I do) but I still hurried as fast as I could. Once I finished we headed straight up, got something quick to eat, and then drove to Logan. We arrived at Parker's, and since I had come straight from nasty-sticky work, I showered and got dressed. I was looking forward to a night of chilling on the couch, watching a movie or something like we normally do, because I was beat. That is not what they had planned. As soon as Parker asked if I was ready for our bonfire, I kind of knew something was up. Parker and Troy don't plan. Let alone together. So, I was very suspicious and didn't quite know how to react. I was pleased, because it meant I didn't have to do very much thinking after my long day, but I knew something weird was going on. But I reluctantly went along with them. We got up the canyon, after a few disagreements on directions between Parker and Kris, and I was getting a little scared. It was dark, and super creepy. Plus, I was not told about this plan so I was in flip-flops and capri pants. Instant bug attraction. Not to mention, I had just showered so I was smelling particularly nice. Needless to say, I was a little bit of a pain to deal with as we sat around the fire. I had forgotten all about the suspicious activities of my dear loved ones, and was now worried about the suspicious nature-noises I was hearing, and what was crawling in between my toes. After sitting around the fire for a while, watching Kris blow his nose into his hand, Parker burn marshmallows, and the two of them fight like always (:]) They disappeared, and left me and Troy by ourselves. At first, this freaked me out. Suddenly there was only two of us, and I couldn't see behind us and neither could he. Plus, I had this fear that Parker and Kris were hiding somewhere and were going to jump out and make me scream. This was all going on while I was laying against Troy fighting off the urge to fall asleep, because let's remember folks, I had just worked a very full day on very little sleep. Next thing I know, Troy is in front of me kneeling on the ground. He was proposing and I was almost asleep. It was so fitting. :] I of course woke up very quickly, and said yes to what he was asking. (Which was, Will you marry me?) It was all great. :] I remember him telling me I had to look at the ring before I answered, which seemed very stupid to me. But I did, and I love it. :] It was too big though (that was how Troy told me he thinks I have fat hands. ;] ) and we are in the process of getting it shrunk down to my size, and I will get it back in a couple of days. :]
That is our story. Here are the details: Troy proposed to me on his one year anniversary of being home from his Mission; August 4, 2010. It wasn't completely a surprise, but I didn't know exactly what was going on. :] He picked out the ring all by himself, and I love it. :] He got me a seven, but I need a six. It has a Cathedral set diamond (I think that is what he called it...) in the middle, with v-looking engravings followed by three small round diamonds on both sides of the bands. I have already almost lost it twice, and that scares the crap out of me. I refuse to ever know how much he spent on it. He got it at JP Lee. It came in a green velvet box. I think that will answer all of the questions, and give me enough to remember when I lose everything I'm supposed to remember when I'm old. :]

2 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for the b-day wish! I am so excited for you to join our family...another beautiful daughter! We're so happy for you and Troy. Fun post!

Jaime said...

Yeah! Thanks for posting the proposal. You are right, you will want this some day in the future. Congrats to you both!