BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Nov 28 2010

The Thanksgiving Post! (The first picture is on on my birthday though. :] )


Our delicious breakfast casserole. Our first new tradition for every Thanksgiving. :]

We made two pumpkin pies this year. One the regular way, and one with half Apple Beer and regular milk instead of the evaporated. The Apple Beer one turned out to be our favorite! :]

Since Troy had to work this Thanksgiving, and we didn't go home I set up this dinner for us to surprise him when he got home. I went through a lot of hard work to get that table set up! :]
I even made name tags for us, just in case we forgot who we were. :]
(You can't tell, but my salad is really pretty.)

This was my Turkey wings! They were beautifully cooked. Really. I was shocked. :] I used all sorts of lovely spices, and I think all my hours of the Food Network is getting to me....

The final set up. Lit candles and everything. It was so much fun. :] We really enjoyed being together. (Notice: our table is in fact Logan and Troy's bedroom desks. Good thing I'm a muscle woman and carried them out in to the front room for a real table!)

Yay! Troy came home from work and I was EXHAUSTED.

This is Troy's Thanksgiving dinner. He ate a ton! :]

Another new tradition we started. We wanted something sweet while we were watching Lost so we made Muddy Buddies! They were delicious. :]

This whole Thanksgiving was hard at first, I didn't like being away from home and Troy's roommate (that I don't get along with too well, and kinda does nothing all day) was looking like he was going to crash my romantic surprise. But the Bishop came and brought him to his Thanksgiving, so we were able to celebrate by ourselves. I was glad, because I didn't want to spend my whole day away from family with someone who I had trouble getting along with. In the end, everything worked out. Even my cooking. :] I was very proud. Lately, I have been quite the chef. So I had faith I could pull it off.
We got so much snow this Thanksgiving Break too! The great "Blizzard" seemed to only bring snow to us up north, and it was actually pretty scary. They sent us home from work early, and a bunch of places were closed. Everything was basically ice, and driving still isn't that great. We are surviving though, and counting down the days until this semester is over!! :] Happy Holidays.



2 comments:

Becky said...

Oh Whitney..You went the super extra mile! Everything looks beautiful and delicious too. We missed you both at Thanksgiving, but what a sweet memory you worked hard to create!! Love you bunches!!!

The Petersen Clan said...

Whit, that is amazing! You did so good. I am so excited for you to have started some new traditions for you and Troy. You are amazing, keep up the great work girl. Your dinner looked beautiful! And I could tell your salad was pretty! Yay for Whit!